Mother's Day Starts Early Around Here

Literally, we start on Saturday!  Mark and I get up bright and early to get to the bagel shop for a bagel and coffee before heading off to our day of Garden Centers.  Man, that makes us sound really old.   But that is what we like to do.  I like looking for new and different ideas while Mark likes to look for plants to add to the yard. (That means more planting for me)
 
After the bagel breakfast we head to the Log House in Anderson.  They have a Plant Sale every year on the Saturday before Mother's Day.  Our yard usually has most of the plants they offer but every once in awhile we find some that we just can't live without.  A Radio Flyer wagon filled with plants always finds it way to the van.

They have the most wonderful garden around the log house.  I love looking to see what plants they have paired together.  Lots of other ideas too...like this cook bird nest looking bird bath.






But my find for the day was this blue bottle.  I love cobalt blue bottles...have them everywhere inside and out.  So I spot this bottle with the poppy.  Everyone else was going on about the beautiful poppy and how it came from the log house garden......I just wanted the blue bottle.  So for $1 I brought home the blue bottle.  Best thing about it is that it is a Larvex bottle worth about $32.

We also hit nurseries in the area and then headed out to the open road.  Down 32 we went to GoodSeed.  Love the new location!  They were having a plant sale and a little craft show.

I have an extensive old silverware collection...now wonder where I could find those little name thingies?

Chard in pots...genius.  We will be doing something like this for sure.

These made my day.  Loved them but the price was a little steep.  But I know where I can get all this 'junk' ...just have to figure out how to connect it all.  My cousin, Kim, will know.

Then on the way home we stopped at the MOST AWESOME junk store.  I found an incredible oak table that is to die for but it was already sold.  Found Cassie the first chair in her chairs for outdoors collection.  Mark found two old croquet sets.  And the owners found me three little blue bottles. Might be my new favorite place to visit.
 
He were a little late in getting home to my wonderful children waiting for me to work in the yard.  That is what I wanted most of all for Mother's Day....a work day since my partner in crime isn't 100% yet.  We worked hard marking the things off my To Do List.  We even worked in the rain.  We had Thai food for lunch.  A good day...but it doesn't end there...

T
Sunday, Mother's Day, we got up early and went to early church and came home to find that Emmy has prepared an awesome brunch.
 
I am blessed!

Comments

Popular Posts