Memorial Day And A Little Yard Work

I finally got to make the trip to Indiana to see The Oakes new digs.  These beautiful irises are right by the front door.

We planned on doing a little yard work while we were there.  The van was filled with flowers, bulbs, lots of hosta and a old metal chair for their campfire chair collection.

First things first...taking out ugly bushes.  It went better than any of us thought it would.

All workers on deck.

More bushes.

Working up a sweat.

Alaire taking care of the dogs.

More stinkin' bushes.

Safety first I always say.

Replanting hosta.

One bed finished.

Looks a little naked...can't have that.  So off we go to Lowes.

With a little site seeing trip to Lafayette and West Layfayette.

Cooling off in the shade.

Finished bed. 
 
Two new Burning Bushes.

A corner Japanese Maple
And in the future a huge hosta bed along the side of the house.
 
A trimmed tree.

Tackling this bed next trip.

We even got to celebrate a long awaited birthday for Cassie and Emmy with a picnic with the Berry's.

A day of rest turned into a day of sightseeing.  I spent most of my time sleeping in the car in the AC because I wasn't feeling up to par.

I did pull it together long enough to see a little of the Farmhouse because Ellis was so excited about all the things he just knew I would love to see.  And he was right.

Practicing her swing.

Of course I got a few shots.


Michael in the Blacksmith Shop.

Straight back to the car for me.  So I handed off the camera to a few other family members.

There was also an Indian Settlement.

What does Michael do when he is bored...juggles goards of course.


Maybe they should have checked some of these out for me.

Looks like it was a little warm.





Thinking that look means 'I'm ready to go!'

Believe me when I tell you there a million more shots.  I decided to pick out a few to give you an idea of our time in IN. 

Comments

Popular Posts