Isaiah Makes His First Trip To Cedarmore

Isaiah and I made the trek to Hillsboro to get some pics for the Cedarmore Farm blog.  The Andy's had no idea he was coming.  I've had the trip planned for a few weeks.  We loaded up early,  headed to Kroger for some fresh fruit (I always take a little something when I go), filled the gas tank off and were off and running.  Today would be a shorter trip because we had a special birthday to go to that evening.
 
I didn't think I was going to make it down their lane once I turned off the hardroad.  Didn't think wagon ruts could be as bad as potholes, but yes they are.  Then their road...the tires sunk down to the white walls. Thank heavens it was all downhill.  I was worried about getting out but Lizzie said no problem...they would just hook the horses up to the van and pull me out.  Oh how I secretly wish that would have happened.
 
Andy could not get enough of Isaiah.  He held him, played with him, and always spoke to him in Dutch.  He looked at me once with a funny look on his face and said that it was just automatic that he speak Dutch to a little one.  Then he smiled and said that he wondered what he would look like Amish.  Ha,ha!  Everyone ran for something but all we could manage was a hat and jacket.

I'd say he was a pretty cute little Amish boy! 

It lasted for all of 5 minutes.

"Hey mister Amish man...HELP ME!"

PLEASE
 
And just in case you are wondering, there are a few African American Amish.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts