Whirlwind Christmases

Once again we have Christmas with family in OH, KY, WV and back to another one in OH.  It is crazy but so fun and so special!
 
First I need to let you know that I am posting all the pictures on the blog (and will be always posting) so Mark's Mom can see the pictures and keep connected with all of us.  Each evening when Papaw is wheeling her to bed they pass the computer  and sit for a bit and go through all the pictures.  Some nights she remembers us and some times she doesn't.
 

We had big plans for a trek to a Christmas tree farm and chopping down our own tree.  Because of scheduling difficulties, we ended up at Lowe's.

Good thing we had some muscle with us.

Christmas number one was on the 22nd with Emmy and Sarah. Then again before we travel to Cassie's for Christmas Eve Service and Christmas morning.

Cassie's house Christmas morning.  Opening gifts in the new tent.

Bronco's fan


 
Christmas # I have no clue...in Huntington, WV.

Tristan was Emmy's little elf.  He passed out the gifts and I am telling you that it was the sweetest thing I have ever seen.  He was so excited!  So excited!

Aunt Alex

Carter and his curls.

Wonder what that look is all about?

Sabrina and Tyler

A little cutie-pa-tootie.

Better watch out boys!

Poor Carter!

Papaw keeps his seat right beside her side.

I think I might have been trying to hold back the tears.

Some new silky jammies for Mamaw.

Carter sharing Tristan's toys.

Tyler's job was to fan the door to cool off the family room.

Michael has a new game...a hard to play new game and he LOVES it!

More sharing of the new toys.

Sometimes you just have to lay back and enjoy a little Mickey.

Bryce got Michael a leatherman.  He hasn't put it down.  And it has come in handy more than a few times.

Trevor has grown about a foot since I saw him last.  He is swimming for school...can you tell?  I think I will send him a years supply of Big Macs from McDonald's to put some meat on those bones.



This woman in amazing!  She works all day.  Has had a rough week at work and some real emotional days with friends but still had the time and energy to cook everything for our Christmas Dinner for 22 people.  I can not thank her enough!  Best sister-in-law ever!

And I don't know what we would do without Terry.  He checks on Keith and Katherine everyday, brings their dinner and is the Jack-of-All-Trades around the house for them.

Old Faithful went to the young ladies this year.  This box is older than I am.  and on the back there is a record of who got the box and what year.  A family heirloom for sure.

Lookin' good ladies!


Lessons in sharing.

Carter loving those blocks.

And look how high Tristan's tower is.

Auntie Alex


Games, games, and more games!

And he's loving every smooch!



Three generations



Papaw and his measuring stick at work.

Mamaw's snow globe had to be placed on higher ground.

 
Ellis checking how much he has grown in a year.  there are so many marks that they have had to start using the other side of the door frame.

The big kids getting in on the action.

Hiking in Barboursville Park before Christmas # 5 with the Meadows side of the family.


Ellis hiding in a tree.


I just saying that this might be the biggest smile I have ever seen on Ellis's face.  mark it down!




Sarah had a little trouble standing on her own two feet.  I guess Toms aren't a good choice for hiking.

A break before heading back up the hill to the van.

Alaire wasn't feeling too great. by the time we got back to the house she had a fever.

 
Oh my gosh is that another smile on his face?

Lots of smiles and lots of two dollar bills to go around.

Peep and his best buddy, Stitch.

So this is my Aunt Dory.  Everyone thinks we look alike.

If that is true...those looks run ways down the family trail.

My dad and his crazy sisters.

Some of the cousins together again.
 
One more Christmas to go tomorrow with Porche and Isaiah and then things will be packed up and in the basement until next year.  I think I me to get back to work to get some rest.


 

Comments

Popular Posts