Predators Abound

We've seen red-tailed hawks all over the place.  One almost landed on Emmy the other day.  But today we were driving for a family bowling afternoon and I saw this beauty out of the corner of my eye when we passed.

I couldn't get to my camera fast enough.  Cassie had to help me.  I opened my door, hung out to take pics while Cassie steered the van as we slowly backed up...me driving with two feet.

He sat on top of the car for a long time.  Watching intently for something to run out from under it.

Guess we got a little too close.  So he swooped down and took up residence on the road.

One good lookin' Cooper's hawk according to my naturalist friend, Lester Peyton, at the Cincinnati Nature center.

Look how long the talons are.


And then he took off!

Comments

Popular Posts