Timber...She's Comin' Down

Our neighborhood has been hit bad by the ash bore beetle. Just  about every ash tree has been affected.  Some worse that others.  They an be treated but it is expensive or they can be cut down.  We have been holding our breath that this one would fall towards the street and not hit the house or injure someone when it fell.  But last week during a rain storm we lost a limb.  So we decided it was time to take it down.  Then the problem was who to call?  We called around, even got numbers from neighbors but everything was so high $1200 to $1500.  Too rich for my blood.  Then I remembered Jim, our tree guy!  When we first moved to this house it was Jim that came to the rescue and cut down 5 or more trees.  Then a few years later several trees were leaning towards the house and needed to be taken out.  Jim to the rescue again.  I called him and got a price for just taking down the tree and cutting it up into 6 foot pieces and we do the clean up....$350!!!  It may take us a little while to get it all cleaned up but I think it is worth it.
 
So this morning just after the school bus picked up the kids, Jim and his arborist, Bruce, showed up and got to work...the sun hadn't even hit the yard yet.
 



Let me just saw that I think Bruce is 3/4 monkey and 1/4 crazy!




At one point I had to look away but I still kept the camera clicking away.

When I look at this I see an Army guy with a gun.





The Peanut Gallery...we miss you Carter...you would have loved it!

And the most awesome thing is ....Jim is from Huntington!  I think the story goes that when was driving around checking out trees, he saw that we might need a few taken down.  So he stopped and knocked on the door.  We got to talking and found out that we had Huntington in common!  Small world!   I was trying to put the new together and he could tell that I had no clue what I was doing.  That's when he offered to do it for me.  How awesome is that!
 
Jim is an alright guy!  He's got your back and will do what he can to help you out.  Love talking to him!  A slice of home!
 

Comments

Popular Posts