Old West Festival

 
This will be Ellis and Alaire's second year as cowpokes.  They have been waiting for this for a whole year.  Pappy is the newbie.  The day started at 7:30AM with Ellis waking me up wanting to know if he could go ahead and get dressed!  The place didn't open until 10AM.  They were just a little excited.  These are our mean cowhand faces.

Better watch out for this one.  She's a pretty good shot!

And this one...well he is just to cute for his own good!

Before heading to the Old West, Pappy stopped by the Dollar Store and got us some more gun...just so we could protect everyone.

1449 Greenbush Cobb Road
Williamsburg, OH

The Festival is an authentic Dodge City Wild West town dating back to 1878.

These ladies greeted us with music, a smile, and a kind word.

Can you name this famous general?

The first thing we always do is go to cowboy church.


He's the preacher and the boss of the range.

Music everywhere.

I think she got left at the Train Depot.

Poor Pappy.

The saloon...

The pretty dancers.





Somehow I got volunteered to be in a horse race.

Racing instructions.

Don't you be touching me Jack!  I gotta a new gun and I know how to use it!


This guy was amazing!!!!

Rider Keisner is a 'whip crackin', gun spinnin', trick roping cowboy'.  A real live professional cowboy.  He is the  five time World Champion Wild West Performer.


My mouth was dropping wide open and I couldn't figure out how to set the camera to get all the fast action.  So I found him on YouTube.  I can only imagine what Ellis and Alaire will be doing today.  We tried to find bullwhips for them to take home but no luck.  But we were able to find bows and arrows!  Thank me later Cassie.

Spellbound!

This boy was enjoying himself for good old rattlesnake chili.  Seriously, chili made wit rattlesnake.  And it was good!






We watched all the gunfights!  Every single one of them!

There were also craft shops.


One of my favorite shots from the day!

 
Alaire just sat down in the street to watch the magic show. 


A little timid riding the horse...if that is possible.

A  lot timid...and that is a sure thing.

She got the hang of  it!  And loved it.

I think he liked it but you can never tell.

I loved it!...I tried to talk the driver into letting me help drive the team...not really but that would have been fun!

We weren't letting anyone else on.




Ellis and Alaire love the Pickled Brother's Circus.  We saw it twice.

Watching the last gun fight before hitting the dusty trail home.  They look just a little worn out.

It is tradition that they have their picture taken in the wagon at the entrance.

One tired little cowpoke.

Comments

Shannan said…
My name is Shannan and I work for the Old West Festival. We just wanted to say thank you for sharing about your experience at the Festival. We are so glad that your family had a wonderful time and that it has become a tradition!

We look forward to seeing you back again!
Anonymous said…
Hello! I'm Sassy Susannah Sunshine, one of the saloon dancers (Hurdy Gurdy Girls, as they were called in 1878). I just wanted to say that these are wonderful photos of your beautiful family. It's great to see that you guys had so much fun at the festival! Thanks for coming!
Rhonda said…
Loved your photos from the Wild West Show. Hubby and I went with our youngest and her family and it was a blast. So glad your little cowpokes had fun and you, too!
Rhonda

Popular Posts