Breaking Dawn On Our Last Day

Just about 5:30 on the dot every morning Emmy and Ellis headed east to watch the sun come up.

This morning they had a little company...

I need to remember that it takes a few minutes for my camera to adjust from coming outside from the inside.  That's why all the pics are a little fuzzy.  Nope, I planned it that way.  That's my story and I am sticking to it...artistic quality!


I don't know why but I thought the sun came up really fast.

Reflecting in the clouds.



Can you see the pink house, almost in the middle of the pic...that's our house.,.third from the end of the beach. 

Caught him with a little net and a shovel...pretty big blue crab.

Can't remember how it started but Ellis was worried his Mom and Dad would think he was dead because he had been gone for so long.  I think it might have been Dollar Golf night.  So we tried to easy his anxiety level telling him all the silly ways that you could die (I know weird, right).  One of the ways was while reading a book.  Mark buried him in the sand and I gave him my book to read.  His comment...Am I going to die now?

Last day on the sandbar.

Getting ready...

for the long walk...

to the water tower and ices!


And they are off!

The big kid at it again.
 

 

Best waves of the week on the last evening.



soak it up sister

So after dinner Emmy sneaks the kids out for a moonlight night walk on the beach and they come back with three messages in a bottle.  The first one was a tear jerker from a little girl to her grandmother that passed.  The second one was for a funny kids telling jokes.  The last one was from a little boy on vacation at Holden Beach.

While we were packing Emmy and Alaire wrote a note for a bottle she would later throw back in the ocean.

Emmy launching the bottle back into the ocean.

And so another year comes to an end.  And look at those sad faces.

We were able to come home with a few treasures.  Alaire did 90% of this from a pic that her Mom took and sent to Trevor's iPad.  This is amazing!  Framing it for the wall at home.
 

Trevor painted a smaller version of Alaire's for everyone.  I found the conch shell in the surf and all the shark's teeth were from everyone during the week.  And the sea star, Mark found it on the beach one day.
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts