Relay For Life

The Boy Scout Troop participated in the Relay For Life this past weekend.  What a great cause to to spend a night in a tent for. And the great thing was we camped on the church grounds right next to the track where everything was taking place.

First things first...set up the big dining flies.  It was like watching organized chaos.

Walking over for the Opening Ceremonies.

 
Purple HOPE balloons for the survivors and caregivers.

Presentation of the colors.


We did a lot of sitting in the beginning.


The walking schedule

morning grace

walking for my Gert.

Mark and Emmy came over to walk the track with us.

I wish I had counted how many miles we walked...I am almost sure it was somewhere around five miles.

I attacked some poor young man and told him that I was lighting this bag...it was Sarah Beth's bag.  It made my heart both happy  and sad.  It took  me about a half of a lap to get it back together.
 
Luminaries and the reading of all the names was very moving.

The boys teaching Dawn some new card games.

Comments

Popular Posts