I Love My Little Amish Family

Not only do I get a weekly newsletter written by Andy from the CSA and all the wonderful fruits and vegetables...I get mail from Lizzie and the kids.  And I never know what it is going to be.  Not every week do I hear from them because they are way more busy than I am.  But this week I hit the jackpot!  Anna sent me cuttings of books out of a catalog.  I wonder if she has those books or if someday she would like to get them?  I'll just have to check on that.  And she always sends a 'letter' which is usually just a bunch of creative spelling and her name.  Sometimes I get lucky and get a drawing.


I think the drawing is about a picnic.
 
The letter this week from Lizzie is the best.  I learned many things...like when she puts all four kids down for a nap, she naps too (well, who wouldn't)...Andy makes a trip to Bainbridge for seeds when he runs out...they had church twice at their house in May and her sister is going to have it twice also.  She will be helping with that...she just picked three gallons of strawberries this morning...they ordered more chicks last week and they are going to order 15 turkeys sometime soon...Andy's brother Rueben, and his family have been there for two weeks.  She has lots of sewing to do because the kids are outgrowing all their clothes.  They got to go fishing and they caught 115 nice size bluegill which makes about 10 pounds of fillets.  Then on Saturday last week Andy and Dennis went back to their fishing hole and caught 45 more.  Which came to about 5 more pounds of fish.  So we are setting up a fishing picnic day for all of them and all of us to go fishing. 
 
It's not everyday that you get a handwritten map to the honey hole for fishing.  But I got one.  that made me laugh was the drawing of Andy and Lizzie fishing and all the kids sitting on the four corners of the quilt.  There is even a buggy.  Priceless.
 
And another thing that I love it that every letter Lizzie writes has a tracing of that might be the Amish kids hands.  I guess that might be the Amish way of showing you how big the kids have grown.  Since there are no pictures...and she usually writes what they dictate to her.  I love it!
 
So guess we will be going fishing soon!  That will be a riot I have no doubt.
 

Comments

Popular Posts