I Love A Good FreeCycle

I have been FreeCycle crazy the last few days.  Cleaning out the laundry room and garage has only begun.  Thursday night Betsy and I are going to go through stuff and put our unfinished/yet to be started projects in bins.  Mark and I will go through all the stuff that we have stored.  Emmy hopefully will be able to do something with all of her laundry and t-shirt making machine.  And Sarah can collect her tubs and take them home with her.  One day I will have a lovely, ordered laundry room like the one that I have pinned on Pinterest.  That might be another ten year plan.
 
I have shared pieces of quilt batting with an elderly lady that makes baby quilts for charity.  Cross-stitch supplies with a mom that is teaching her girls to do needlework.  And sheets with a lady that fosters preschools and toddles.  Camping equipment with a father and his son...that was thrilled beyond words with a new sleeping mat and an old cane pole.  And bikes to our local bike shop for them to fix up and give away to underprivileged kids for Christmas.  And then there were the things that I set out on the curb that got picked up.  Our neighbor said that it looked like we had our own garbage dump!
 
All this makes my heart happy and I now have a little more uncluttered living space.  Mark is taking bets as to how long it will take me to clutter it back up.

Comments

Popular Posts