Unwanted Visitors

I was minding my own business, enjoying a DVD Bible study on One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, when I saw something brown out of the corner of my eye.  A deer munching on the hosta.  Now I love deer don't get me wrong but eating my hosta is on my do not do list!

I watched them and they watched me for the longest time.

I carefully ran to the kitchen to get my camera.

I leaned out my bedroom window and took pics with my phone. 

They were moving closer to the house and the peonies and more hosta.

They ate pieces of the knockout roses and feasted on tender new hosta shoots.  They better not have touched the Lenten roses.

 
And we stared at each other for a little bit longer.
 
When I just couldn't take it any more, I opened the screen door (which I thought would scare them away.)  Nope, they continued to much on  lunch, just a little further away from me.  Finally I just couldn't take it any more.  I started to shew them away.  They just looked at me like I had two heads.  Then I picked up little sticks from the campfire pit and started chucking those.  They moved a little.  Then I think I just lost my head and started running towards them yelling for them to leave my flowers alone.  I am hoping noneof the neighbors saw this whole ordeal.  Because if they did, I have just confirmed what they all think...I am nuts!  Now I am wondering what time tonight they will return with their friends.....

Comments

Popular Posts