On The Deck

I think sitting outside on anyone's porch or deck is just about my most favorite thing in the world.  The great thing about Mamaw's deck is that you get to see who goes up and down the hill. (Not that I am a nosey neighbor or anything) They live in the kind of neighborhood where everyone looks after everyone else.  I love that!

I think Sweet Pap likes that too.  We kiddingly call him the Mayor of Lower Terrace.  I think he is the oldest resident on the street but he is the most spry. 


I had to talk Mamaw into sitting out on the deck.  She  didn't want to because I think she thinks it puts Papaw out having to wheel her in her wheelchair.  He doesn't mind at all.  The man is a saint and takes care of  Mamaw's every wish and then some probably better than any health care professional could.  We sat there until almost dark.  And in the end she thanked me for making her go out.

Comments

Popular Posts