A Plant Kind Of Weekend

The Saturday before Mother's Day, it is tradition that we get up at the crack of dawn and make the pilgrimage to the Anderson Township Plant Sale at the log cabin.  Each year for breakfast we have a bagel and coffee in the truck in the parking lot.  This year we broke with tradition.  We still got up at the butt crack of dawn but made a detour to a new bagel place that is owned by one of Mark's workers daughter and son-in-law...Everything Bagels in Eastgate.  We ate in.  Buy and eat local!  Think the old might have just given away to the new.



We didn't buy too much even thought we were some of the firsts to arrive.  Our friend Jim, was no where to be seen.  We had the morning to spend as we wanted so off to the plant nursery rotation we headed.
 
First stop...Greenfield Plant Farm on Clough.

I know that I probably have said this before but this farm comes the closest to looking like the plant farms and nurseries that we are used to in WI. Love this place.  Ideas around every corner.

Ms Renee, this made me think of you!

Anyone know where I can find a set of old ice cream parlor chairs?  I know just where this will be in the yard...over next to the chicken coop when I get it.  Yes, I am going against the rules and looking to have my own chickens hopefully this time next year.

Project number 50 on the list...a living wall.


These two trees are on Mark's wish list.  He swears that he can find them cheaper on line.
 
It is also tradition that we got to Coney for the Appalachian Festival on Mother's Day.  Bryce met us there and we walked around for a bit, listened to some music, and the storyteller, and I got my ear of corn.  Didn't find too much that I couldn't live without but I did see this cute fence for $15...think I can make it for next to nothing.
 
There are 11 more days of school.  Not that I am counting or anything.  I am so looking forward to being able to get up early and spend the day digging in the dirt.  That is a little challenging these days with all the yahoos.
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts