Our New Feeder And Friends

I got to spend some time a week or so ago with two ladies that know a thing or two about camera and photography.  We braved the cold and went to the Cincinnati Nature Center in hopes to see the 'biggest woodpecker you have ever seen.'  We never found him but we got hundreds of shots of every other bird in the area!  they took thousands of shots...me only 375.  I listened, asked questions and learned a lot.  So I came home and made a pretty big bird feeder in the backyard...out of the ladder that I used for our junk tree last Christmas.  We are now planning a trip to The Nature Center in Kettering, OH.

Our first visitor was a female goldfinch.  She seemed a little worried to see so many faces looking out the door.

This woodpecker is really skittish.  So I had to move back to the couch to be able to get shots.  Not a bad way to spend an afternoon while the  yahoos are sleeping.

 in coming

a little bit sloppy

Need to work on the crispness of the shots.  Hmmm...better get out the book and ready it!

 I was playing a little bit with the light.  The span of time from bright to dark was about an hour.  Must remember that next time I try.



He tried so hard to remove this pot of gold.  Mark nailed the grapefruit peanut butter and sunflower seed fill rind to the ladder.  Sometime in the night, some creature, was able to remove it.  Guess we will be eating lots of grapefruit in the coming weeks to keep the supply full.
 

Comments

Popular Posts