We Had To Put Out An APB

This Nutcracker has stood guard by the front door since Michael was five years old. He looks a little intimidating but the kids all love him.  So, much to my surprise one morning I walked out on the porch to find him gone.  I was heartbroken and mad!  Michael kept biting his lips not so show any emotion.
 
We drove up and down the street.  I walked in the woods looking for 'body parts'.  Neighbors were looking everywhere for a replacement.  Mark searched Ebay.  I was mad!  I felt so violated.  How could anyone come up on the porch and flat out steal him?  I was mad! Real mad!
 
So about 4 days into the missing nutcracker, Emmy and I were headed to Garden Ridge on a tip from Ronda that they had some nutcrackers.  We were going after a replacement.  It wouldn't be the same.  But a new one would fill the void in our hearts and on the front porch. 
 
For some reason I decided to take Ms Renee her Christmas gift a little early.  We told her where we were going and she turned about three shades of red.  She said that we probably shouldn't go to Garden Ridge because she (I thought she said that she had one for us upstairs, 'cause that is just the kind of person she is...replacing him for us) had our nutcrackers upstairs.  Courtney had stolen him for a joke.  It wasn't funny then, but it is now.  I was mad!
 
So Luke carried the nutcracker back over and placed him back in his rightful place on the front porch to once again guard the house.
 
 Courtney made us a specially bound photo album of  'Crackers' adventures at their house  These are the photos from the album.
 
 















 
We had a good laugh!  But Courtney, when you least expect it....
 

Comments

Popular Posts