Rowe Woods / Whitetail Trace

They boys are jumping for joy because we got to go to the Nature Center, again.


We have decided that we are going to finish all the hikes one at a time.  So today we started out on the Whitetail Trace which is 1.22 miles, easy.

There are several bridges to cross.

This is what I saw most of the day.  The boys are always in front of me because I stop to take pictures.  We have our Hootie Hoot form of communication working at all times.  So we can always find each other even if we can't see each other.

Sometimes they might just hang back with me for awhile.  I like that then I can make them pose for pictures so I can use different things on my camera that I have no idea what they are.  Most of the time so far they have turned out pretty good.

They take breaks when they are waiting for me to catch up.  Lots of map reading goes on also.

This cute little shelter overlooks the East branch of Avery's Run and waterfall.

Where is Saffi when you need her.  I think this might be bracket fungus.

The Spring Pond

Little bit more resting at the end of the hike.  Wyatt and I were chatting in the back of the pack.
 
Then I took the boys over in the field where Emily Piraino took Cassie's family shots.  Love that place.  Everyone uses this section of the park for shots because it is so beautiful.  So I made the boys run and jump and fool around....and this is the best of what I got.
 





 
It was a fun day.  Wonder if we will be to go this week.  Haven't checked the weather yet.  Hope so.  Wonder who will get to choose which trail we go on?

Comments

Popular Posts