Oh Happy Day!

Another Wack-A-Doo Wednesday has come and gone. It was jammed but I really only have one thing to show for it. And I am beyond thrilled!!!  But first things first!

Just so happened that Emmy's kids were at Shaw Farms for a field trip so they stopped by for lunch, play, and a nap.  Since it is W-A-D-W, lunch in the ghetto pool sounded like a great idea. Everybody was in for that!

Then my Dad and Betty came around the corner.  You might think this is strange but hear the entire story first before you make any judgements.

This is what is affectionately known as 'the cage' in our family.  I guess if I was going to describe it I would have to say it is a prehistoric pack and play with a lid.  I can remember being in it when I was little.  It is actually what they call a field crib.

What is going to be great about it is that when we are out in the yard playing and the babies need a nap, we can just put them in the cage, cover it and they will be able to take a nap outside with us.  No leaves, acorns, bugs, bees, leaves, sticks...nothing will fall into the bed.  It is going to be great!

Lucy Lou loves it.  She was up on her knees laughing and cracking us all up.  So much so that she started to get choked and ended up throwing up.  I hope tomorrow is warm so we can use it again.   All I need to do is get some casters to put on the bottom of the legs so I can move it wherever we are playing, on into the shade.  I am beyond excited.  The cage has some home!

Speaking of naps...Doodles started out her but had to come in when Lucy starting throwing up (TMI I know)  One thing wrong with this idea...leaves kept falling in on top of her.

Tomorrow I will drag it all out again and I will put up the hammock and we all will try again to take a nap outside.  It is almost like camping I think.

Thanks Peep and Aunt Dory! I love it and promise to take good care of it.

Comments

Popular Posts