October At The Nature Center

I enjoy all the seasons, each because they offer different kinds of activities. But I have to say that fall is my favorite..well, that's until it starts to snow...

Today was a different kind of day in Wammyville.  Carter is sick and Lucy Lou is with her grandma so it was just Doodles and me holding down the fort.  So right after preschool we headed to the Nature Center with lunch in hand.

A few weeks ago I was here with the Oakes family for their photo shoot with Emily Piraino...those shots are coming soon...to the blog and FB...so be looking for them.  From the teasers we have gotten they are going to be out of this world!  Anyhoo, I watched Emily and tried to learn all that I could from just watching.  I was given strict instructions from Cassie and Emmy that I could not talk to her or bug her about what to do with my camera.  I did manage to ask Emily some questions...but not near enough.

There are picnic tables everywhere but Doodles likes to eat on this piece of wood at the edge of the parking lot.  It is our usual spot.



Doodles checking on all the nature in her collecting bag.  And she was looking for the sticks family, so they could get back together and be happy.


Saffi knows the name of the fungi and can tell you all about it.  They spend a lot of time at the nature center.




Love the choice of outfits today.  Very unique!





woodpecker holes





birdwatching


Ern in his race car.




Nothing better than a pic of a little boy's dirty fingernails.  Looks like he was having a ball and just had to stop for a snack to fuel that little furnace!

Comments

Popular Posts