Look What Ellis Found...

...in our backyard!

We think it is a harmless black snake.

He was a BIG one!


Emmy, the resident snake handler trying to catch it for Ellis.  Comedy of errors.  And just listen to Cassie squeal in the background.  Crack me up!

I sent the pictures to the people who would know what kind of snake this is...Cincinnati Nature Center.  They are the best.  They have been able to answer every question I have ever had...


Thank you for contacting me at CNC. I checked out your blog and my first 
reaction was WOW! Look at the size of that snake!! It is amazing. 
This is a Black Rat snake. Harmless and non-venomous. These guys are good to 
have around to control mice and other rodents. We have a few  that
Live in our basement and between them and the cat that lives in our house we 
don’t see many mice. 

Thanks for sharing and for the question.

Lester Peyton |  Visitor Services Coordinator - Front Desk Naturalist
Cincinnati Nature Center  |  4949 Tealtown Road  |  Milford |  OH  |  45150
W 513.831.1711 |  C 513.313.9167 |  F 513.831.8052
www.CincyNature.org



Comments

Popular Posts