Not Good News

Today has started out with a bang already.  And it is supposed to be around 102 today.  So there won't be too much taking the dogs for a walk to 'tame' some of the Maddie energy.

This morning while I was in the kitchen and the kids and dogs were in the family room this happened.

I know that Maddie is the guilty party because when I came into the room I could read it all over her face.  Then Ellis hid under a quilt.  Michael skedaddled it out as fast as he could.  But Alaire stayed glued to the TV.

The only real damage is the little chewed part at the hem which I am sure I can repair.  And all those years of working at Ellis Furniture...let's just say that I will be able to make a total repair if I only had an air gun.

Meanwhile Maddie is having a little time out in her kennel.  And she will be sequestered to the kitchen for the rest of her stay unless I am in the family room with her.  At least I can have one eye on her at all times.  In all fairness I realized that she was only trying to get the Kong that was under the couch.  So I will give her a little break! 

Comments

Jan said…
Geez! I remember when we were young, and medium poor. We'd just gotten a new living room set, I came home and found one of the skirt panels chewed on by our new puppy. Bob's response was, "She wanted to." (Don't you just love it.) It's amazing we're still married!

Popular Posts