Oh What A Night!

Our elementary school puts on a fun carnival every year.  We buy $10 worth of tickets which usually lasts us all night long.  Just about everything is one ticket...including food. 

One of Michel's favorite games Ring The Bell.  Last year he hit it for the first time.  This year after missing the thing almost completely, hi hit it with a big bang.  He won a yo yo.

We rode with Luke and Ms Renee...which is always fun!

Dur Mom, I hungry and I am having the Carnival Dinner Special for seven tickets.

Then we were off to the cake walk!  There is a story I will tell later about this little beauty.

Michael's first win!

Bet this is breakfast in the morning.  Yea Ms Renee!

Cupcakes from our favorite cupcake bakery, Sugar, in Old Milford.

We had to get rid of our tickets somehow...and this Cake Walk was way tooooooo fun!

So back to the awesome cake from Graeter's.  Graeter's is a Cincinnati born ice cream establishment.  They also have candy and pastries.  We love their ice cream.  My favorite is double  chunk chocolate in a pretzel cone.  Or is it mint chocolate chip?  It's all good.  So I was thrilled to win the cake pictured above.  You can see from my excited face.  I held on to that cake all night long.  I even had one man offer me the rest of his tickets for it. No way baby, this cake is going home with me!  Then it happened...my cake was taken!  I laid it down for just a second because I was trying to share some cupcakes from Sugar with a little red headed boy that had been trying forever to win a cake.  He was in tears and you know that we just can't have that.  I saw it leaving...making its way across the gym floor thru the crowd of happy carnival goers.  A little girl in about 4th or 5th grade thought she had won it.  And her Mom was ecstatic!  Oh well, I really didn't need all the extra calories.  Because you know that I would have eaten it for my midnight snack, and then again at 2AM and probably another time before breakfast.  And if there was any left...it would have been breakfast.  That's okay I will live.  But I thought Ms Renee and Luke were going to go chase her down and beat her up!  Michael took it pretty well...since we had enough cakes and cupcakes for the neighborhood.  You thought the story was ending there...one more funny story...

Remember the little red head?  I was talking to his dad and found out that his wife was a special education teacher at the school.  The nicest couple.  He asked me if I had any kids at the school and I of course told him just a little bit about Michael and them about the rest of the crew.  We were just chit chatting away and then he asked me if Ms Renee was one of my daughters!!!    I told Ms Renee that story on the way home and I thought she was going to have to pull over she was laughing so hard.  So I guess Monday I will be investing in some hair color to wash away the grey.  Crack me up!

Best fun at a school carnival ever!  And we have already decided that we want to do the Cake Walk next year.

Comments

Popular Posts