Log Cabin Plant Sale

Every year the Saturday before Mother's Day the Anderson Township Historical Society has a plant sale. 100% of the proceeds support the expenses of the properties belonging to the Anderson Township Historical Society including the Log House on Clough Pike. Every year since we have been bitten by the gardening bug we go to the sale. You have to gt there early because they sell out pretty quick. There is a man from MWBC that is always there...it is our goal every year to get there before him. We didn't see him this year so that could be good or it could be bad. Every year I take my camera to get some good shots..lots to shoot. This year I was in such a rush because I over slept that I forgot my camera and my phone so I have to use Mark's phone. And every year we stop on the way at Big Apple Bagel on Beechmont for a bagel and coffee.

The plants are from some of the friends of the Historical Society.  So yo get a wild variety of plants.

I always thought these Japanese Lanterns were cool.

They provide little red wagons for shopping carts.  Ours is always full.  This year we got some well weathered clay pots, a white clematis, penstemon, some rosemary, a begonia. canna bulbs and a mystery plant that we can't remember the name of.  We have some in the  yard already but just can't remember the name.

The back was filled with perennial mix dirt and some plants but the more fragile ones got to ride upfront with  us...making for a cramped ride home. I saved half of my bagel for the ride home...yum!  Now all I need is a dry day to plant.

Comments

Popular Posts