Greenfield Plant Farm

We love a good Plant Farm.  There is one in WI...Northwind Perennial that we would love to own.  We visited there at least once a week and usually brought back a van full of flowers to add to the yard.  In Cincinnati we found Greenfield Plant Farm in Anderson Township. It has the bones to be another Northwind Perennial,  It is getting to that time of year that we start looking around and trying to decide what plants we want to add to the yard (remember we are on the 10 year plan and this is year number 6).  We have been looking for a Sarah Napier peony.  I know they exist but I have not been able to locate someone  that can sell me a few.  No one carries them that I have found.  I am still searching because my Sarah Beth/ LoveYourGuts Memorial Garden will not be complete without it.  And I have inlisted several other Plant Farms in the Cincinnati area as well as areas in WI.  I will keep searching!

Pappy had the day off on Wednesday so that means a field trip...

All the sunny benches were our pit stops while Pappy looked at all the plants.

Looking for cows in the barn.

Beating the flowers with a stick....well at least he wasn't tearing them to shreds like he does sometimes in Wammyville.

Stick boy takes a little break from collecting to climb the rocks.

Almost ready to hit the bricks.  (ha, ha, they are sitting on the bricks)

To keep Carter from falling asleep on the way home, he was put in charge of watching the dog we got for Ms Renee.  And he loved his job.  He really didn't want to give her the dog.  All the way home from her office, he kept asking where the dog was.

Well, I have given up on another of my farming dreams.  Looks like we are never going o be able to have a goat or a chicken where we live.  I'm just going to have to move to the country.  So to keep  me quiet about the zoning laws in our little burg, Mark found me a metal rooster to put int he yard.   The rooster and my little metal goat are becoming quit good friends.



Comments

Popular Posts