Couldn't Have Been Better!

You could not have ordered a more perfect day!  I am always glad to get to participate in the Walk (in my case) but maybe someday I will be able to run it.

The park is a beautiful setting and so calming.  Everyone has smiles on their faces.  But I think down deep we all are remembering Sarah Beth in our own special memories and feel just a little sad too..  There are so many.  We walk and tell stories we remember.  We catch up with what is going on with each other.  There is always lots of hugging!  We try to remember who was there last year that we don't see this year.  It is a good day!

There is always a t-shirt that we take home that maybe someday will be made into a quilt.  Lots of great pictures are taken.  I don't get very many this year...I got caught up in walking and talking and forgot I had my camera with me until someone reminded me.  So I borrowed a few from Aunt Leigh Ann, I don't think she will mind.

Aunt Kate and Uncle Mark getting things ready.  
(Sarah Beth's parents)

Uncle Mark and Uncle Greg giving instructions before the race.

Just before the start.

my bib...along with 286 others that crossed the finish line
winning time 22:03

The oldest walker on the course, Dorothy Brownfield.  She is 90 years old and was pushed thru the course and wanted to walk across the finish line.  That's the invincible spirit that Sarah Beth had all along her journey/battle with cancer.  

I know that she would have loved this day.  I would have made her heart very happy!
We love you Gert!


Please take time to read some of Sarah Beth's on line journal at
You will be blessed!


Comments

Popular Posts