11th Annual Luke Simon Ride

This is my third year making quilts for the Ride.  A friend of a friend gave Karen Simon my name and the rest as they say, is history.

I did not know Luke but I have since found out that my sister knows Karen Simon very well.  Small world.

An article that appeared in the Huntington paper.

Quilt number one for this year.  I tried something different this year.  Usually all the t-shirt tops are the same size.  This year I just cut out the pic and then later made them all the same size by doing the math and making them all the same size.  (Good thing Betsy was here to help with the math part) 

We dropped the quilts off one trip into Huntington.  I had forgotten to take pics so we did it on the Simon's front porch.  I also have started doing my backs a little different.  My friend Jan in CA makes the backs of her quilts as colorful and interesting as the fronts.  I think I like doing it but it takes just a little extra time and energy.  But I think it turned out very well.

The second quilt was just a bit wider than the usual quilt size I make and a little shorter.
Variety is good.

again the interesting back.

I can tell you that the weather was beautiful that day.  A great day to be outside doing something fun for the good of others.  A really feel good day.  I know there were 92 bikes and a total of 115 participants.  I hope to find out how much money was raised.  As soon as I do I will let you know.

There are pictures of the ride on FaceBook under Luke Simon Memorial Ride.

Comments

Jan said…
Jan, these turned out wonderful. Good for you, doing the "right" thing.

Popular Posts