Walking To Peep's

You can't imagine what a big deal that this is...walking to Peep's all by yourself.  It is kinda a rite of passage in our family.  Mark's parents live on one side of the hill and my dad lives on another...probably a block from each other.  When the kids were little they would walk over the hill.  As soon as they left our yard I would call to have my mom and dad start looking out the front window for them.  I'd stay on the phone until they could see them and know that they made it okay.  Today Alaire got to do that for the first time all by herself.

We followed her with the van...just in case of I don't know what...she couldn't get lost it's a a dead end street with hardly any traffic.

I think that is her I-am-so-darn-proud-of-myself-I-can-hardly-stand-it face.

And she makes it!

Comments

Jan said…
What a great tradition. She is so cute.

Popular Posts