Sharing Amish Library

Andy, Lizzie, Adam (Andy's brother) and I are sharing books.  We have our own little 'bookclub'.  I guess it all started  with me trying to learn as much as I could about the Amish and their way of life and farming.  I have learned lots of very interesting facts.  And have come to look at their way of life and simple yes but not like you might think.  Simple to me now means not have things that could distract me like, TV, radio, the computer, and my phone.  I know that I spend way to much time on the computer and that I need to simplify that area of my days and late nights.  Simple as there is a definite purpose for everything that you have.  No frivolous things to get in the way.  Like all the nick knacks that have to be moved and dusted weekly.  And maybe all the clothes hanging in the closet that get worn a few time a year.  Not to mention all the junk that I eat.

The stories contained in this book are very factual.  All the stories are taken from publications in the Amish magazine, Family Life.  Andy is familiar with a few of the authors and their stories.

I can tell you that it take me three times longer to read a book than it does Andy and Lizzie.  I just have too much other 'stuff' that pulls me away.  While after working all day in the fields, Andy and Lizzie find time in the evenings to read until they fall asleep.  No distractions.  I should take a lesson from them and put away all those other things and simplify my life.

Comments

Popular Posts