Backbreaking Work

Mark has the day off and it is spring and it is warm and he has been checking books out of the library and he bought a book of plans and he showed up with a truck full of lumber and I am going to be dead dog tired and sore in the morning.

And so it begins...who knows where it will end!

It all began really Cassie and Emmy's junior year in high school.  The traveled to Brazil to spend the summer with Andrea, an exchange student we all fell in love with.  When they came back, an Brazilian hammock was handed to me. It has been safely tucked away all these years waiting for just the right place to hang.  So Mark surprised me the other night when he told me that he (we) was going to build me a hammock pergola out in the back flower bed.  I am thrilled to say the least.  Only one problem...I can't remember when I stashed the hammock.  Hopefully I will find it before he (we) is finished.

Think he would put off digging the 48 inch deep holes for the posts, we designed and cut the decorative part.  Not to fancy...we aren't that good yet.  Just a nice easy curve.

When I work in the garden I do always try to look my best!  Those are my father-in-laws hand-me-downs...the best kind of yard working clothes. (Thinking I should definitely do something about all those grey hairs)

It looks worse than really rough back here.  Remember we are on the 10 year plan and this is year 6 or 7, I forget. 

Giving his shoulders a rest and drilling holes for some big nuts and blots.

My turn to work a little.

This was accomplished in 13 hours!

He just couldn't stand it.  Just had to get one on the top before stopping for the night.  Oh what will tomorrow bring.  I can tell you that we won't get anything accomplished because all the yahoos will be back in full force.  But once they go home...look out!

Comments

Popular Posts