A Little Time On My Hands

Two-thirds of the yahoos aren't here today.  One yahoos is sleeping.  The dogs are curled up on their bed.  Mark is in Hillsboro.  Emmy is with her yahoos.  Cassie and crew are back in the Blue Grass State and I have the dishes done and the laundry going so have a little time on my hands.  So what is a girl to do...check out what's new on Pinterest, of course.
Someone had made a 'candles from an orange.  I knew that Doodles had a clementine in her bag for snack after nap so I 'peeled it for her.  I just took a knife and carefully cut around the 'equator'.  Then even more carefully I peeled the peeling and membranes away from the fruit trying hard to leave the middle 'wick' intact.  I filled mine with sunflower oil but I think any oil would work.  It has been burning for over an hour.  Who needs to buy candles when just regular old fruit peelings will do.  Now I am ready for the electricity to go out.  Just need to make sure to stock up on oranges. 

Comments

Popular Posts