Fun Friday #18...Elephants

I thought it was only fitting that we have an Elephant Fun Friday...since this place is getting to be real zoo these days.  More on that later!  Oh and what fun we did have!

It might not look like much fun in this shot  but I can promise you that those frowns were turned upside down just a few minutes after this shot was taken.  You'll see.

We talked about elephants and decided that we all should actually be elephants.

We all needed elephant names...

cutting practice

And who didn't know that her elephant name would be Sally?

Our baby elephant even got in on the cutting action.

He was the most excited to be an elephant.

I didn't get a shot of their backsides...complete with an elephant tail.  Carter even walked out of the house with his on...he would not take it off.  Too funny!

 We had elephant snacks that were a huge hit...Ritz crackers with peanut butter.  

And then the giggles filled the basement....we made...elephant toothpaste!

I found the idea on Pinterest...that place is going to be the death of me...but it does have lots and lots and lots of great ideas that I wish I had thought of.

She borrowed some 'paint clothes' from Allyson because I was not to sure what the concoction would do to their clothes with 6% hydrogen peroxide in it.

Wish you could hear him giggling from his toes.

Every time she would get excited she would clap and 'toothpaste' would go everywhere.

I am thinking we might so this again someday and fill tubs with the stuff.  Probably do it outside where it won't matter if the bubbles go every where.  And there is a hose to clean everyone up with.

I extended the day for the boys and they got to make yellow 'toothpaste'.  It was as big of a hit with them as it was for the yahoos.

I was a little shocked the Mr Sensory liked it as much as he did.

And the little redhead was beside himself.  He knew were were making it today and I just have a feeling that all day during school he thought about it and hoped that we would do it again.  I know this because right after he got off the bus and ran home to drop off his backpack, he was at the front door.  The minute he came in he asked if the girls like making elephant toothpaste.  When I told him that after dinner we were going to make more I thought he was going to pee his pants.  I could have filled the bath tub with it and he would have been in head first for sure!

Comments

joy said…
Wammy! great name. I am new to your family blog. Sounds like you have so much fun. Are you home schooling? I have many friends homeschooling their children/grands. Tell me more about what you are doing in your home with the beautiful children. I will keep up with the blog. Joy

Popular Posts