Cedarmore Hill School

Last Saturday I took a little field trip all by myself to Hillsboro, OH, to Cedarmore Farm...our CSA provider.  My visit was two fold.  I needed to get some information for the Cedarmore Farm blog and to visit with Lizzie, Andy and the kids.  I love going there.  It is such a calm real place.  Everything has a purpose.  The kids are the best!  Anna is always so excited to see me and is learning new English words so we can communicate.  Dennis warms up to me after a long while.  Moses wasn't feeling to great...all he wanted was to be wrapped in his Mom's arms.  The hose was nice and warm and smelled so clean.  Lizzie and Andy both greeted me with big smiles.  It feels like home.  We sat around the kitchen table and talked about everything from religion and their church to how they keep meat for the winter.  I will be writing more blogs about that in the weeks to come.  But this week Lizzie surprised me with a trip to the one room schoolhouse just over the hill from the house.  It was more than I could have imagines.  I walked back in time.

If you want to know about my trip to the farm just click on the highlighted Cedarmore Farm blog words at the beginning of this post.  Come back again next week when I tell you about having lunch with them.

Comments

Popular Posts