S.T.A.R. Award and Third Place

Once again I just happened to find this in his backpack.

Recognizing students taking an active role in attendance, effort, quality of work and/or attendance.  I know that he has really been working hard on each and every one of these criteria.  It is nice to be recognized and told that you area doing a good job from someone other than your Mom.

Then tonight I got an email from his teacher telling me that he came in third in the Fourth Grade Spelling Bee.  You guessed it...he never mentioned it.  I asked him what word he was eliminated on...journal.  "Mom, I know how to spell it but I was spelling it too fast and got the a in front of the n".  His teacher even said that he was a good sport about it and cheered on the last two until they crowned a winner.

Comments

Popular Posts