Some Beauty and A Few Little Beasts

This morning I was checking FreeCycle to see what I could find and I came across a request from a member of a MOPS group wanting flowers from a yard to be used for table decorations at the September 13 meeting.  I thought several things are right with this request...first it is for  MOPS....second, it is for mothers of preschoolers....who could say no.  Then I got to thinking about the shape of our tired and worn out flowers.  The heat is about to do them all in not to mention it is the end of the season for a lot of them.  So I decided to take a little inventory tour before I emailed her back.

There might be a few zinnias left...but see the little butterfly..added bonus.

I have no idea what this bright yellow flower is.  It is hidden in the wringer washer behind the sweet potato plants.  Another little extra...a spider getting a drink of water.

One lone spiderwort..oops, I didn't see that coming!

More zinnias in a different spot...same kind of butterfly.

This was the craziest thing I have ever seen...I think he might be sleeping.

When I came back thru my little green friend had finished his nap and moved on to a better place?  Not so sure the humming birds are going to like his choice at all.

So I think with the help of lots of greenery we will be able to make up a few nice looking, presentable table decorations.  I'm pretty excited to see what we come up with.  And you know that I will be taking pics of the little backyard adventure.

Comments

Popular Posts