Ralph's Veggies

I know that i have talked about my neighbor, Ralph, before.  The man is a walking dictionary/encyclopedia. There is nothing he can not do.  Seriously.  If he wants to do something he does the research and then does it.  He is amazing.

Last week he asked me if I could water his garden for the weekend.  The plus to this little chore is that I get to pick anything we want to eat.  And everything tastes better from his garden for sure.  We had all sorts of things.

Then one day last week there was a knock on the door.  Ralph with bundles and bundles of vegetables.

egg plant, yellow squash, zucchini, kale, Swiss chard, green beans, basil, parsley, some kind of huge radish, okra

There was so much there that I gave some to Emmy and Bryce and Tini.  Between all of Ralph's veggies and what we get from the CSA, we never have to buy vegetables.

I trade him flowers and ornamental grasses from our yard.  I think I am getting the better end of the deal!

Comments

Popular Posts