Last Blueberry Pick

I got to spend some time at Cedarmore Farm last week and Lizzie and I were talking about picking blueberries.  She hasn't gotten to pick any this year so I told her that we could pick some for her on Saturday.  She was thrilled.

So early Saturday morning Pappy and his sweetie pie and I headed for Rouster's.

Now, I'm a blackberry picker from way back.  Henierella Perry taught me all that I know about how to dress. how to pick and where to look for blackberries.  I have honed my skills and take picking very seriously.

As you can see Alaire has an ingenious contraption wrapped around her waste.  It is what I like to call a 'berry holder'.  This way you have two hands to pick with...one for pulling and holding branches and one for the actual picking.

I can tell by the slump in her shoulders that she is just a little disappointed by the amount of berries that she was able to pick.  So was I.  We only managed to pick about a pound.  But not to worry,all is not lost!  We were able to go to the Apple House and get a five pound box of frozen ones for Andy ad Lizzie.  And today when our CSA box is delivered, Jesse will take the frozen berries back to the farm.

It is tradition to end each pick with an apple cider popsicle.  And let me just tell you that she isn't sharing!

Comments

Popular Posts