Creatures Everywhere

Opened the windows this morning and the jar flies are in full force. Remember when you were a kid and you would catch one and then some thread on one of it's legs and it would fly around in circles forever? I have been trying to catch one for Michael but no luck yet.

I walked around the yard for a few reasons last night...praying it would rain so I would not have to water...getting a weed count...looking for new blooms...trying to get some humming bird shots...checking on the mosquito population since we have three bats living in our bat house...and this is what I found.

Somehow, I think I see this as cheating.

We moved the feeders closer to the window in hopes to get more shots and to remind the hummingbirds that we have bee balm for them.

Our next door neighbors cat, Nacho, loves it that the goldfinches love our black-eyed Susan's.

Now this will be a trick if he gets a drink from the feeder.

Mark's joke to Michael all summer...'have you ever seen a horse fly?'

Love, love, love the reflection in the window.

I got to hold a little tiny red hummingbird feather today.  I was cleaning out the feeder and there was one just hanging there.  I put it on the tip of my finger but when I tried to move it to a piece of glass to get a better look it came apart.

Now, Erika...you know that you loved looking at all these 'wildlife shots'...didn't you?

Comments

Popular Posts