Lexington Work Day

Mark, Michael and I came from OH.  My Dad came from WV.  We all met in Lexington to have a few days of work on the house that Cassie and Trevor will be living in for awhile.  The first order of business was to put Ellis and Alaire's dresser and chest of drawers together.  And it did take all of us...

Alaire was always there to help.  No matter what the task was she was ready to work.  But she informed me that she didn't really like her dresser and she was not sure about the mirror....there was not a drop of pink on any of them.  Cassie and I talked to her and promised to get some pink things and Cassie reminded her of all the pink things that she already has.  By the end of the day she had covered it with blankets and was using it as a changing table.  Good luck, Cassie.

I was diligently painting doors out in the backyard when a little voice asked it she could help.
 
What's a Wammy to do but say sure, pick up a brush and have at it.  I can tell you that the bottoms of each of the doors that I got a little help on, probably have four coats of paint.  Wouldn't it be funny if the part that Alaire helped with ends up looking the best of anything that was painted?  If that happens...I am retiring my paintbrush.
And does this child love to pose...only when she wants to.  Her timing, her terms.  Wonder where she gets that?
We did stop to smell the roses...well actually the Rose of Sharon that is growing on the back corner of the house.  I be it is about 12 tall, or taller.  Just needs a little  Pappy TLC....in layman's turns that means a drastic shear.

We did take a little time out at the end of the second day to do a little no training wheels, getting used to my brakes, bike practice.  And you are probably wondering where the boys are in all of these fun shots.  Who knows.  Playing something...doing the boy thing somewhere.

Now this is safety and then some.  Alaire riding her bike with her ski helmet on.  This girls is a piece of work as Allyson would say...a piece of work.

Comments

Popular Posts