Clermont County Fair Adventure

Another fun family adventure! I guess I got the bug from Lisa when she was here. She works at the Racine County Fair in the summer and teaches at the Mission during the school year. She was here last weekend and all the stories...all the food...all the fun...so we loaded up the family vanster with two stinky boys and headed out on Rt 50.    Full camera battery.Temp around 90 with humidity at 53%.


I thought I was the only one that took the vacuum cleaner to an animal.  Not only that, there are special combs and hair spray.  Boy, do I have a lot to learn.  Michael was not too crazy about walking around all the animals..it smelled like animals and there was poop everywhere you stepped.  Wyatt just walked thru it all in flip flops without a word.
Junior fair members animal sculptures out of butter.
She looks a little stressed to me.

This was the prettiest little calf. 
There were barns and barns full of goats of all shapes, sizes and colors...and I am only showing you one pic of the hundreds I took...be glad.
Let me out of here!

I always wanted a little pink pig...but they do grow up to be really big and smelly.
They have such cute little tails.

Sweet dreams...she actually was smiling while she was sleeping.
This is one large set of horns.
Mark Napier, this shot is for you!
And what is a good fair if they don't have a tractor pull.
If there was a stronger word that hate...Michael would DEFINITELY use it.  He was not happy at all.  Wyatt on the other hand loved every second of it. After each pull we got little bits of dust and something in our eyes.  I think I heard that the only lady in the competition won by pretty much. 
I wish I would have known about the dress code.  I would have gladly worn my shortest short shorts, tightest tank top, worn enough make-up for 6 people, and completed my ensemble with my  pink cowgirl boots or maybe just any kind of winter boots...an adolescent boys heaven.
One of the car dealerships in the area paid for every person to have free rides on any mechanical ride.  Wyatt and Michael made sure they got their monies worth.  This was some flying kite kind of thing.  Looked pretty tame.
The Scrambler...they were so funny!  G-forces!

The Tornado...I thought they were going to hurl...those silly girls got that thing going around so fast it made me sick just watching....but that doesn't take too much.

This was my one splurge...deep fried Snickers.  Did it once to say I had it...don't think I will have another one. But I might try a deep fried Oreo or maybe a pickle....

We had a good time.  We stayed until all most closing time.  The boys 'won' swords and we gained a million memories.  It was a good, good, day!

Comments

Popular Posts