Carrie Lynn is All Grown Up

...and now she is married!  How can that possibly be? (I am sorry that some of the pics are just not right...I was trying something new with the camera...obviously it didn't work)

Emmy, Michael and I made our way back to WV last weekend to see Carrie Lynn and Filip get married.  I have know Carrie Lynn since she was a baby.  Where did the years go?  I met Filip when he was staying at the Napier' when Sarah Beth danced and sang her way into heaven a year or so ago.  You could tell there was something special there.


Emmanuel Baptist Church Charleston, WV



Carrie Lynn and her Dad, Roger

Carrie said that she always wanted to wear her Mom's veil....it looked beautiful!


This was priceless!  And I am so glad I got the shot....exchanging rings...Filip pulled an additional ring and placed it on her finger...this was her reaction!  NO ONE knew he was going to do this.  She has diamonds from her knuckle down...lots of bling!

Carrie Lynn and Filip chose special people in their lives that have always been role models and asked them to come forward to pray for them.

This might look like just an ordinary kiss...believe me when I tell you it was not.  Right after they were pronounced man and wife...and given permission to seal the deal with a kiss...they both turned to their attendants and got a squirt or two of breath spray.  It was priceless!

The reception was held at the church but you have never known.  The tables were decorated like we were at the movies...popcorn balls, Twizzlers, chocolate covered pretzel sticks....fun stuff
Filip is Serbian.  There is a Serbian tradition...when guest arrives at their home, they are given some sugared candy and cold water.   A cold drink and some sugar...in hopes that your time there would be a sweet as the candy.
Grayson Marshall Adams with his Dad...Carrie Lynn's brother, Mark.

The cake was not only beautiful but there were four different kinds and they all were delicious!  We shared them at our table...I didn't eat them all myself.

A special dance for Carrie Lynn and all the children that she had every cared for...child care, nursery worker, Sunday School teacher, teacher....there were a lot of them.


We have been to a lot of wedding, even been involved with a few, but I am here to say that this one was the most fun,  almost most emotional, laid-back wedding we have ever been to.  Roger and Carol, thank you for including us in all the fun.  Carrie Lynn, you never looked more beautiful.  And Filip, I can't wait to get to know you better.  You seem to fit right in with that crazy Adams family!  Best wishes!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can not believe that Carrie is old enough to get married. Where has time gone?
-Tyler

Popular Posts