The Look She Gave

I thought Mother's Day would be just the right day to share this song. You have probably never heard it.  It is special to Bryce.  So special that we danced to it at his wedding last year.  It was written and preformed by Jeff Henry.  I wish you could hear it...makes me cry.  Jeff wrote it for his Mom.  Bryce asked his permission to use it at the wedding.  Then Bryce asked Jeff is he would preform it.  After some though, because he really doesn't do weddings, Jeff agreed.  I am so glad he did!



I remember as a child
Sunday morning I was kind of wild
Slipping underneath the pews
Till I crawled into, Mama's view
Don't you know I got up and set right down
Pretending not to notice as she looked around
From the piano where she played
You should have heard

The look she gave


Monday morning, time for school
Being lazy and acting a fool
I said "Mama I don't feel so good today"
Then I heard

The look she gave


Her eyes were full of anger
Her face full of love
So mad at my behavior
But her heart rose above
The frustration and the pain
My ignorance would bring
To her, To her


Saturday morning baseball game
You would have thought she'd gone insane
Screaming "Go, woah no, stay right there"
I shook my head pretending not to hear


Sunday evening 12 years old
The Holy Spirit filled my soul
It was the answer to a prayer she prayed
Man you should have felt

The look she gave

Her eyes were full of water
Her face full of joy
So thankful to the Father
So proud of her little boy
But Mama couldn't see
What she gave to me

She gave Heaven to me


Happy Mother's Day

Comments

Popular Posts