Little Creatures

Lots of little creatures are being uprooted due to all the rain we have been getting.
Can you see how is hiding in the tulip leaf?

This poor toad didn't know what he was getting himself into by being out in the open. The yahoos loved him...almost to death.......

This is sorta like one of those Where's Waldo puzzles...can you find the squirrel? This little squirrel's days are numbered as far as I am concerned. He shattered my favorite bird feeder...the one hanging just below him.
I was reading in my Birds and Blooms Magazine last week about cardinals. You would think with there being an over abundance of our State Bird that i would have some in the yard. I found out that they like coverage. They are a little skiddish about being out in the open. Now that I have (or should I now say had) a nice feeder sorta hidden under the trees and pergola I have a pair that visit several times a day.

But where are all the hummingbirds? We have only seen one. A friend of mine at Unity Cabins says that hers seem to be taking a break...probably nesting. So that is what I am going to say as I refill the feeders with sugar water.

Comments

Popular Posts