An Early Start

Today was going to be my day to sleep in.  Oh no...Mark had other plans.  And to lure us up and out the door, Mark promised breakfast at Big Poppa Slims in Old Milford. (check it out here on one of our many other blogs).



The Civic Garden Center of Greater Cincinnati is having a big [plant sale this weekend.  Who could pass it up...certainly not Mark Ellis.  We  all packed up in the family trukster and headed for Reading Road.
Lots of plant lover out early this morning.  Next year I will know to bring my own wagon/carrying basket and LOTS of money.  These plants and plant like things aren't cheap by any means!

I got lots of new gardening ideas.  Now just to get all the tools to do them. I have a wine bottle supplier but I think I will use my cobalt blue ones sorta like this, minus the colored glass. 

a fancy little bird feeder idea
Michael asked me to take a picture of the spigot because he wants to make one.  I have talked it over with Mark and he is going to get all the supplies and the best neighbor in the world is going to teach me how to sweat pipes.

My favorite is the dragon fly.  These are all pieces cut out of rock.  There was a little girls with some chalk coloring a butterfly that was really cute.


As soon as I find my old beat up bunt pan I will be attempting to make this from hyper tufa or maybe just some quick set concrete.  Bet mine will be under $3.

We did manage to find some reasonable herbs for the herb tree that looked really nice.  It was a quick trip because we had to get back so Mark could get the truck and head off to work.  But he is off next weekend and he has already planned breakfast at Big Poppa Slims in Old Milford and then off to the Log Cabin in Anderson for The Anderson Twonship Historical Society Plant Sale.  We are working really hard to get the yard all spiffed up for the wedding rehearsal dinner in June.  (With the weather we have been having, we need to pray that the yard dries out and that it is nice that day or we are in a world of hurt.)

Comments

Popular Posts