Lizzie's Cinnamon Rolls


This week on the Cedarmore FarmCSA blog, Lizzie is making cinnamon rolls. Click here to visit the blog   Wish we had smell-an-Internet.  Your mouth would be watering for sure!  I am hoping that when Lizzie finishes tweaking the recipe for a healthier version, I will be able to share that with you.


I am finding that communication is a challenge.  There are so many questions I want to ask.  I can't just pick up the phone or even send an email directly to Andy and Lizzie.  I 'use' a runner, an interpreter, a go-between.  Rue and his wife, Susan, (who sound Amish but are English or non-Amish) live down the road in the curve in a big white barn.  I have yet to meet them but have corresponded with them thru email..lots of email.  Rue helps out on the farm by being the person that receives some of l the communications from CSA customers. Rue will take the email questions that I have about the farm to Andy.   And then he sends the answers back to me.  He is a very valuable person in so many aspects.  One day we will meet and he promises we will share a piece of pie.

Not only getting commuicatiosn to and from is a challenge...once I get to the farm....Andy and Lizzie are my interpreters for the kids.  Dennis not so much but Anna.  She is a cuter-pa-puttie.  She looks up at me and speaks Pennsylvania Dutch...like I should understand her.  Those eyes and that expression.  They just melt me.  Amish children speak only Pennsylvania Dutch until the age of 6 when the begin their schooling.  At school they learn English.  In Andy and Lizzie's home, they speak Pennsylvania Dutch.  I guess I will either have to depend on them for the interpretation, wait a few years for Anna to learn some English, or learn to speak Pennsylvania Dutch.

Comments

Popular Posts