It's Beginning....

...to look a lot like Christmas around here.Michael and I decided the other night to surprise the family and get a real tree. I didn't realize how much I have missed having a real tree until I smelled the smell from my childhood. I can't get enough of it. When the little ones are napping, I get some coffee and a book or the computer and sit as close to it as I can. At night when I can't sleep I park myself on the couch and turn the lights on and remember all the past Christmases. I love our poor little lopsided tree. When we snuck out of the house to go get the tree, we knew right where the cheap trees were...KROGER. As soon as we pulled up Michael was out of the car like a shot (which is very unusual because he is as slow as molasses in the winter). Across the parking lot he saw the tree that we were going to bring home. It was the only one in this little stall..."it is all lonely by itself". We went in to pay at the counter and the lady asked if we needed any help. "No thank you, my Mom is strong and besides I am going to carry the top end." Little did the lady behind the counter know that this Mom helped run a Christmas tree lot for about 10 years....thousands of trees have been carried and tied to car tops.

The ornaments are priceless. There are pictures made by Michael each year he has been in school. Sarah's Olive, the other reindeer ornament. Bryce's broken Baby Jesus Mewaw got him at Booth's Market in Huntington. Emmy's Smurfette that hangs right under the star on top. Mark's ornaments from when he was a little boy. And then there are the ornaments that preschoolers have made me over the years and snowflakes that my grandmother made. And the tin ice cycles from Shakertown. Best part of the day for me is remembering friends and family from Christmases past. This year new ornaments will be added and maybe some retired. But they all are special.

Comments

Popular Posts