Columbus Half Marathon

Early, 7:30AM Sunday morning, Emmy and Erika joined 14,998 other athletes in the Columbus for the Half Marathon. It took them 12 minutes to cross the start. It was a tsunami of runners, walkers, and wheelchair athletes. The weather was perfect...a nice crisp fall day.

This was the scene at mile 9. I was wondering if we would actually be able to see them.

Emmy looks so excited to see us. We were supposed to be at mile 8 but we opted for mile 9. At least we made it to see them pass somewhere.

We are cheering for the girls and they are cheering for us because we were actually there. Long story from the Pig in Cincinnati. We don't want to go there.

A little wave to the massive crowd.

I am amazed at their running abilities....they cut 20 minutes off their time at the Pig...couldn't be because they too zero potty breaks along the way this race. You go girls!!!!! I was sore from walking fast/running from mile 9 to the finish line, standing on my tiptoes to see over all the people in front of me and just nerves I guess. I need a good massage.

Cindy, Erika's Mom was such a mover and shaker...seriously, people better be ready when she is around. I love it!

Emmy's cheering section...she looks great but we look like the ugly stick got hold of us!

Way to you girls....now it is on to Nashville.

FYI...after the race we drove to German Village for lunch at Katzinger's. Pretty good...another two thumbs up!

Comments

Anonymous said…
wow those girls are AMAZING!!!! I hope that you got an autograph because I am pretty sure that they will one day be in the olympics! I see that they got silver medals! better than the bronze they got for the pig maybe we will see gold in Nashville.

Popular Posts