At A Glance

When the kids are here it seems like we never stop! And by the looks of all this pictures I think that statement is more than true. I am putting tons of stuff in this post. Michael is teaching himself and me how to play chess. He hasn't lost a match to me yet. I had no idea that Trevor knew how to play. Trevor made me a little 'cheat sheet' of each 'player' and what they do. It helps. Michael found a book in his classroom and read it. Everything he reads he remembers. I emailed the teacher and asked if I could borrow the book. I found it in Michael's backpack yesterday.

Last night...so we had to go Mexican...Casadores...our favorite!
Michael got Ellis hooked on the caso dip. Michael likes it with chips and he always saves some for his fries.
Alaire with her homemade dishtowel bib dipping her friend in the salsa. I think she would drink the stuff if you would let her.

After dinner we went to the high school and launched 3 biodegradable hot air balloons. Way to cool!

This one belongs to Alaire. We were amazed that they went up as fast and as far as they did.

One down...two to go. Alaire really wanted to see this one up close and personal.

Pappy had to get in on the act. I am just wondering how far the flew after the fire went out. I am saving up money each week and going to the Coolest Toy Store in the world to get more. I'd love to have one for each of us to do the next time we get together somewhere over a body of water for the reflection.

If you know me or if you have been reading the blog for awhile you already know that I would love to have a little black and grey Pygmy goat. Just a little one. I think they are the best. So after dinner and balloon launching we headed home...by way of someone pretending that they were going to Kroger to get bread and milk...but ending up going to UDF to get it...just a ploy to keep me away from home so Emmy could get there and place the goat in the front yard and the little kids to hide. Once we got there the kids jumped out and started singing Happy Birthday to me (they won't be here on the actual day). Now I guess I can give up the idea of ever having a real goat. BillyBoBob will just have to do. He has been roaming all over the front year to find a place to call home, but just that right spot hasn't hit him yet. He is made of recycled steel...an added plus!

Trevor first trip to Skyline. We loaded up all the Oakes and all the little kids with their lunches and headed to Skyline for lunch. Cassie got to cross another favorite place to eat when I go home list.

Alaire loved it. This is when I noticed that my pictures were fuzzy. Oh I hate that when it happens. So I am checking out all the buttons on the camera and figured out that someone has been adjusting them for me. Now who could that be? Not to worry...I got it all back to normal!

Ellis tried a three Way and loved it. I even taught him how to eat oyster crackers with hot sauce on them. YUM!
A quick trip to Shaw Farm with the crazies. They were so good. No one cried. And no one tried to run away. And we came home with exactly the number we arrived with. That is always a plus in my book.

Talk about two of the crazies...they had a ball!
I was taking pictures of everyone and pulling Carter in the wagon and watching the two girls...a younger Mom actually said that I had my hands full...little did she know. I guessed she noticed that I was taking pictures of everyone else and she offered to take one of us. I thought that was really nice. I love it...a shot with all my little ones. Really special!

Comments

Popular Posts