'Preschool' Zoo Day

Emmy, Erika, Cassie and I have been planning this day since we found out Cassie, Trevor and the kids were coming to Ohio. We all love a good zoo and it was time for us to show the CO crew a great zoo.
Off they go hand in hand...and they just meet probably 5 minutes before.
Peacocks are always the first animals to greet us. They are everywhere.

Told you they were everywhere.
Baby penguins...and I have it from a very reliable source (the little girl standing beside me) that they are from Madagascar.
The goats were glad to see us and I am so glad that I had a pocket full of quarters.
Everybody got a handful of food.
We even went in the barnyard and brushed the goats and one of the sheep.
One of the all time favorites is the train ride...and we all ride the train! Allyson was sitting beside Pappy if you are counting heads.
We didn't get to stay long at the gorillas. But we did overhear a fight between two of them.
Time to break for lunch.
I always knew she was a little monkey.
Alaire was doing great in the birdcage until on e landed on her head.
Ellis said that he wanted to be able to feed the birds this trip. So Pappy made it happen.
The birds loved him!
I can just tell you that our ride on the carousel didn't start out with all smiles. But about the second time around the girls were yelling for Pappy at the top of their lungs and giggling all around.
Ellis saw this eagle and just knew for sure that was what he was going to ride.
But before the big merry-go-round ride he had to fuel up with some LaRosa's pizza.
On the way out I just happened to see this zookeeper with a snake...Alaire loves snakes. Her Mommy does not.
This is the end of our day at the zoo. We went int he the with the AC on for about 5 minutes before all the little ones were sleeping soundly in their car seats. Another great day, what more can I say.

Comments

Jan said…
We love the zoo, too. Looks like a fabulous time.
Anonymous said…
AAAGGHHH Doodles is on the giraffe I love it!!!!! Great pics Ms. Jan, I also love the one of the bird on Alaire's head, I woulda had a melt down, but you already know that!!!! You are such a great photgrapher!!!!! :) Love ya all~ Renee

Popular Posts