Book #10 The 39 Clues


Michael is a reader that is for sure. According to testing done at his school, he reads at least 3 grade levels about his age. This is a good thing and a bad thing. It is really hard to find books that are appropriate for his age level. And believe me I have pulled out all the resources I can find. Last year I saw that Al Roker of the Today Show has a little reading club for kids. He suggested this series and Michael has devoured it...one of those collections that you want to keep for your kids to read. When he is getting close to finishing one book, we head to Wal-Mart to get the next one. I feel like it might be like the Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew. Emmy was at Joseph-Beth the other day and found book #10, the final one on the series. And along with the book she got a ticket to hear the author speak about the book and then have it autographed. So last night we had date night and we headed out with book and paper in hand. He asked me not to bring the camera because he was just sure that they would say no flash photography. (And he was right) So all the shots are from my camera phone which aren't too great but you will get the idea.
He wiggled a lot but he listened with both ears. I know this because she would mention something and he would say that he remembered that or that he told me that was gong to happen. Side note...the lady in the red shirt behind him...drove all the way from Louisville...she is a middle school librarian.


A proud moment for me was when the author,Margaret Peterson Haddix, asked how many in the audience had read all the books. Michael raised his had...one of four people. And by looking around the room, I'd say that he was one of the youngest. I sat a little taller in my seat. We were the last 'A's' to be signed. Michel decided that he only wanted the author's autograph in the front of his book. He didn't feel right about having his name in it because he 'didn't write any of the book.' This was a close as my phone camera was allowed.



Word on the street is that Steven Speilberg is interested in making the books into a movie! I hope that is true.

Comments

Popular Posts