Big First Day of Third Grade

I don't know what happened while Michael slept the night before school but he woke up like no one we have ever seen before. All smiles. Bright and bushy tailed. Came downstairs dressed and ready for breakfast. Ate everything we put in front of him. Had some spare time to watch a little TV. And then he was out the door. First at the bus stop and still all smiles. Still the one request...Mom don't take any pictures. I couldn't resist.


All smiles, front seat right by the door! Great! Oh look, there's Luke and Ethan

And I got a wave...all the way up the street.

Somehow I seem to think his smile faded before they made their first right hand turn towards school.

FYI...
I know that I am going to love his teacher this year. I got an email from her (which I didn't open until about 11PM, that piece of info is important to the rest of the story) after school telling me that he had a little bit of a meltdown when he couldn't get his pencil bag unzipped. She said another little boy had the same bag and his has already broken. So at 11:30PM, Mark and I headed to Wal-Mart in search of a pencil bag. We had several employees helping, searching bin, searching skids, calling all over the store to see if anyone knew where we could one. We finally found a really nice one that will last until he has graduated from high school...but 'it looks like Emmy's purse.' Emmy came up with a plan to decorate it. So guess it is another trip to Wal-Mart tonight for special paint.

Comments

Popular Posts